Generation War MiniSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation War MiniSeries

Has anyone seen this? Is it any good? Saw some trailers and thought would ask. I think it is a German made for TV mini series. Any comments would be appreciated. I can find it online to buy, but would like some comments on whether its worth it. Thanks
    Mike

It's free on either Netflix or Amazon prime, I forget which...but I saw most of episode 1 it's pretty good but abt 90 minutes long. Innocence to disillusionment seems to be the theme...

Comment

I haven't viewed it yet but I did buy the DVD (German with English subtitles) from Amazon. Everyone I know who viewed it has stated it was superb and designed for more 'thoughtful' audiences.

One needs to decide for themselves;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sFQJLy0_cg
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks guys...will have to double check Netflix...I have it, but have not looked to see if its on there.
        Mike
        * I just checked and episode 1 is on there...not sure if the others are, but thanks for the heads up...
        Last edited by k9mike; 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Hey no problem Mike. Maybe we can start a thread like the "Fury" one after the series. Let me know what you guys think of the characters, anyway. Ss not painted in a pretty light, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by k9mike View Post
            Thanks guys...will have to double check Netflix...I have it, but have not looked to see if its on there.
            Mike
            * I just checked and episode 1 is on there...not sure if the others are, but thanks for the heads up...
            I watched all 3 series on netflix.

-Ray-

Comment

I watched it on UK TV
              Thought it was quite good, but quite un-realistic. One of the friends was Jewish which I thought would just would not have occurred in 1930's Germany.

I got the impression it was aimed more at contemporary German youth
              Maybe trying to heal old wounds....

Comment

Thanks Ray...wasn't sure if they had all of them on there....just saw the one for now...will give it a look in near future...
                MIke

Comment

Why wouldn't they have a Jewish friend? I have read several memoirs where they have Jewish friends.

Comment

Originally posted by London Jay View Post
                    Why wouldn't they have a Jewish friend? I have read several memoirs where they have Jewish friends.
                    I just thought it would have been unusual, they all entered military service, they all most likely would have been in the Hitler youth during the 30s when growing up, could have been exceptions of course....

Comment

It is certainly potentially misleading that of the 5 main characters one is Jewish for in 1933 Jews presented only about 0.75 % German population. In 1939 the share had dropped to about 0.35 %. So it is not a big wonder that for many average Germans, especially rural ones, Jews were a rarity.

Comment

Just finished the series from Netflix, well worth the time....

Comment

Hey Guys...just wanted to say that I just finished watching the series an liked it a lot. thanks to all for the input.
                          Thanks,
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                            It is certainly potentially misleading that of the 5 main characters one is Jewish for in 1933 Jews presented only about 0.75 % German population. In 1939 the share had dropped to about 0.35 %. So it is not a big wonder that for many average Germans, especially rural ones, Jews were a rarity.
                            Figures can be misleading.

A 2012 study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reports that just 6% of the US population are atheists even though the number of religiously unaffiliated has grown from 15% to just under 20%

Yet,

The African American percentage is 13.0%

So, why are there not more Atheists and non affiliated religious people being loud and proud on US TV???

Bloody hell!?!?!? I just worked something out.

Numbers can add up to anything.

Cheers.

Comment

Watched it on netflex it is a three part series well done, uniforms, weapons etc are spot on. I think, Real good series seems it is in German and I used the English translator. timothy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X