No announcement yet.

My Honor Was Loyalty - film trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appears to be dubbed as the voices and movement of lips are way off...If so in the final film, it would make it unwatchable for me.

Comment

Looks good except for the fact that the uniforms and appearance of the soldiers look like they are on parade.jim

Comment

Purchased ! Arriving 1st march

Nick
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
          Looks good except for the fact that the uniforms and appearance of the soldiers look like they are on parade.jim
          Agree!! Looks all over much too clean. When fighting there should be dirt, sweat, blood, unshaved soldiers or whatever!!

Comment

Looks like a good movie to me. Nice to see the Schwimmwagon and other details. It will interesting to see what tone this movie takes if any at all. As it is Italian produced and directed it will likely lack the normal German cinemas defeatist approach or that of American cinema.

As for cleanliness just being a frontschwein doesn't necessarily mean being constantly filthy. Plenty of field time is spent keeping things in order and performing personal hygiene first thing in the morning after stand-to or chow.

Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
              Looks like a good movie to me. Nice to see the Schwimmwagon and other details. It will interesting to see what tone this movie takes if any at all. As it is Italian produced and directed it will likely lack the normal German cinemas defeatist approach or that of American cinema.

As for cleanliness just being a frontschwein doesn't necessarily mean being constantly filthy. Plenty of field time is spent keeping things in order and performing personal hygiene first thing in the morning after stand-to or chow.

Looking forward to this one.
              I agree, from looking at thousands of photos you will notice that Soldiers appearance will differ depending upon:
              1. how long they have worn the same uniform (without cleaning) or a replacement
              2. if they the element has returned from a patrol, engagement etc..
              3. what point of the year into the war it is, as supplies get low you have to make do with what you have. Just my opinion. I ordered the movie after watching 2 trailers
              I did think that they looked a little "clean" but attributed this to the first part of the war, relatively quick battles and a good supply chain.

Comment

I enjoyed the film

Superb uniform shots, beautiful photography.

The only thing that spoiled it for me is that all the LAH soldiers are swarthy Italian actors, I must say it would have been more realistic if they had use typical Teutonic actors

Nick

Comment

This movie appears to only be released for region 2, anyone know of a region free or US version?

Comment

region free is available from Three Wolves who I think are the distributors, not cheap, around $45.00

http://mhwl-movie.com/shop2/

Comment

Thanks for posting! Looks good!

Comment

Seen it good film i got it on blue ray

Comment

I bought it off EBay and it's a pretty good movie.

Comment

saw it offered at amazon, too ranging from 13-26 €, so it´s quite inexpensive.

Comment

saw the film yesterday after reading the many praises on the forum. The statement that also as a soldier of an unjust regime mustn´t be bad person and that war makes soldiers raw and that the victors, too, have a dark side is conveyed honestly. Often the acting is very stiff and the dialogues, too. It often resembles a bit to a high school drama club in acting. Combat and uniforms are well made, but the action is on squad or platoon level (low budget). Some guys are very very Mediterranean (the very soft `Spanish´- German deserter. of the 21. PD..: )). The film tries to give a honest view on the German soldier and at the same time wants to show the brutality of fascism. Good testimony, but... in terms of artistic value you don´t really get sucked in....

Comment

Saw the film, boring! I find it hard to imagine that members of the LAH was that overweighted. Many of the persons in the fighting scenes where acually fat and way to old too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X