Hitler's Berchtesgaden - Walden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's Berchtesgaden - Walden

After buying this book and driving down to Berchtesgaden, it is safe to say I never missed a thing!

A great book and tour guide, as the lack of such information once you are there is sad - without the book I would have missed so much!

Its a perfect size book and can be carried along in your bag with ease.

Walden puts together a book full of pictures and information, not only as a tour guide with all the must see places but a great travel guide for the whole area, covering the Königsee, Berghof, RSD Tunnels, Eagles Nest and much more off the normal tourist trail, places like the Tea House, where you can sit and look at the old pictures from the exact place and not one person around you!

A must have if you want to visit the area and do not want to be lost as there is little to no information at hand, nor any sign posts as to the locations of interest! Also a great guide, you wont miss anything if you have it along!

It gets easily five stars from me!

Thanks for the review.

The area is on my five year bucket list to visit so I will get a copy of the book.

Cheers Chris.

Comment

I had this on pre-order for ages and it was well worth the wait. The format makes it nice and easy to carry around with you.
      There's also "Hitler's Alpine Retreat" by James Wilson. Which, although is only a collection of all the period postcards depicting the area and events, provides a nice insight into the development of House Wachenfeld in particular.
      Unfortunately I didn't have either of these when I spent a week there, but the "Past Finder Obersalzberg 1933- 1945" by Maik Kopleck served me fairly well, just not as comprehensive as this new offering.
      Unfortunately none of these books offers much on the Kleine Neu Reichskanzlerei which I would love to see more on.
      It's a beautiful area, great food, beer and women. The whole Third Reich aspect is pretty moot but put it closer to the top of your list.

Allan

Comment

Good post Allan.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X