Formans book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formans book?

Is Formans guide to Third Reich awards and their values worth the money?

Last edited by Frank Mills; 11-14-2003, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I prefer Detlev's

I would suggest that Detlev Nieman's book is a better buy. Not only does it have the WWII stuff but it is a great source on the various Freikorps badges and veteran medals that turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Mills
        I used to own a copy, but then I bought a table with table legs all of the same heigth.

Respectfully,

Frank M.
        Thanks, you just saved me sixty five dollars.

Comment

I agree with the comments stated above, a total waste of money, outdated, poor pictures. Save your money and buy a book that is remotely modern.

Regards

Dez

Comment

I agree 100% with the "no" votes on Forman's awards book. The photos aren't detailed enough; the prices don't reflect reality; there are probably somes fakes included; Detlev's Bewertungs-Katalog is much better.

However, I like Forman's two volumes on award documents because I don't know any other source to see all these document examples. The prices are probably off on the documents too, but just the large number of different examples is of value to me.

IMO.

Greg
            sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
            www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

I bought mine because I like to have every reference I can get my hands on, but to be honest, I think I have used it once. I agree, get Detlevs book.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Grrrrrrrr, I have bought it just last week in a shop in Munich because there was so much fuzz about it here and I wanted to check it out. Couldn´t flip through it before because it was sealed. I think going through the pages once will also do it for me.

Well, my fault, I kind of knew from you it was bad. But it looked so nice and colourful from the outside - sob!

Detlev´s and Huesken´s price guides are WAY better and offer a lot more information. And they are cheaper of course.

But to know what the talk is about I had to get that Forman thing as well.

Cheers, Frank H.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Where can I find Detlev's book? I looked at Barnes&Noble but could not find it.

Comment

You can get it off his site.

www.Detlev-Niemann.com
                    Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Originally posted by ranger
                      You can get it off his site.

www.Detlev-Niemann.com
                      Thank's, I just ordered a copy from Detlev for only thirty five dollars.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X