panzer leader a memoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzer leader a memoir

panzer leader ,by Otto Henning .This is the memoir of a reconaisance armoured car ,radio tank soldier and his experiences on the western front from 1944.Henning was a junior rank rising to sergeant at the end of the war ,there are no heavy battle scenes here but a very interesting insight into German recon methods.Its written in an easy common touch style ,with no heroics just a common soldiers experiences .His treatment after being taken prisoner by the Americans and in particular the French is interesting (he escaped from French custody in dec 46) Apparently his earlier wartime experiences in the Afrika Korps are the subject of another book ,up til now only available in German

Thanks Terry, sounds interesting and just ordered it.

Comment

I am reading it right now. I am about 3/4 finished. I am enjoying it and would recommend the read because it is easy and moves along. What I find lacking is details of any kind. It is kind of like, "we went here and did this, then we were ordered here and did that." I would have really enjoyed this book if there was some detail included about the engagements, the operation of the vehicles, etc...

Joe

Comment

Is it worth buying?

Comment

Kevin, I enjoyed it and think that it's well worth the read.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X