Fakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fakes

I have been collecting German soldier's biographies for a while & amassed just under 50. Some of them I would say are faked due to lack of photos, over dramatic training events, over dramatic action at the front in such detail & incorrect facts on WW2 events. The ones I think are fake are: Other men's graves, But not for the Fuhrer & Honour denied. The first one has all the tell tale signs, the others the training may have occurred the way it was written. I imagine others have read more fakes, let us know.

Some years ago I read "Goodbye Transylvania" by Heinz Landau, and in discussing the book with a veteran from the LSSAH, he expressed some severe doubts as to the validity of the content.

IMO the book did indeed 'feel' quite sensationalist, and with the opinion of a Waffen-SS veteran, I took it as such and duly fed it to the e-bay hounds.

So I guess this book might well fit into your category.

Regards Richard.
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Landau the warrior?

Yes I got this book I had mixed feelings about it. I think this man was in the war, as the war photos show him from 1942 onwards in uniform at different locations & oddly in different uniforms. What he realy was doing in the war is hard to say he could have been in the SD, as he seems to suggest by his work. I think some of the book is definitely hyped up with him trying to describe the battles he took part in towards the end of the war. He may have just been someone who was in the SD behind the lines & nothing more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X