Attached Files

Comment

Part 16:
                      Attached Files

Comment

And the set of 8 Hardback Binders:
                        Attached Files

Comment

... and with the First World War Set ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

... and the Marshall Cavendish Binder(ed) Set (released in North America - smaller size format) ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Currently reading the original Purnell's series of this set. I had read the Marshall Cavendish re-publication set from the mid 70's before, but this set from the mid 60's is the ground breaking first series that preceded the WW1 History a couple of years later in the late 60's.

Comment

Hi Darrell,

I to still dip into these books on occasion, spent a good while obtaining the weekly publications, sending for binders around the time just before the original release of the Thames TV series "The World At War" if I recall correctly.
                                Almost consecutively, another publishing firm (here in the UK) called Orbis ran another eight volume set in red binders entitled "World War II"
                                My parents were run ragged obtaining these weekly magazines which ran simultaneously, getting back issues which had not been issued to the newsagent in the correct manner; me ordering binders etc.
                                Cost a lot of money, but I bet you can pick up bound complete series for next to nothing in flea markets and auction houses across the UK now.
                                Proud to have both complete series still in my book collection - although I believe that the Orbis set had the edge on layout and presentation!

Best wishes,

John.
                                Last edited by feldpost 58; 02-02-2016, 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X