Foyle's War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foyle's War

Anyone else liking this marvellous series?

yes I do , great period feel to it , interesting stories , and wonderfully acted

Comment

I love it! Michael Kitchen is one of our finest living actors.

I agree with Terry, the wartime feel is realistic

Nick

Comment

got to agree here its a brilliant series

Comment

Great series

Comment

What is most funny is that the driver, Samantha Stewart, is very much like a niece of mine as far as overall manners and way of speech goes.

Comment

Yep, loved the series, and there is a follow up set immediately after the war, another three episodes recently released, the driver Sam is now married and Foyle gets an 'offer he can't refuse' to work with MI5 and all of their shady characters, a superb series.

Bob

Comment

Rumour had it that they cancelled the series (in 2008 or so, years before these 3 new eps) for being expensive to produce. I do have a utopistic hope that they could do more wartime episodes...

Comment

Great series! I agree the acting is fantastic. There does seem to be an anti government theme to many of the installments.

Comment

Hi,

The series was well acted, with good production values.
                    Like most on the forum, I would have hoped for more "wartime" episodes, which unfortunately were not forthcoming.
                    We in the UK pride ourselves on an anti-government stance as a matter of course!
                    Especially with the government we have to endure at the moment

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

just started watching them now and so far so good to be honest!!

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                        What is most funny is that the driver, Samantha Stewart, is very much like a niece of mine as far as overall manners and way of speech goes.
                        You mean the actress, Honeysuckle Weeks ? She doesnt talk like that for real, although I guess we all mostly did over here years ago....where did it all go wrong !!!

Comment

I have watched Foyle’s War many times and it is very pleasant and well-acted. I also watched the follow on series earlier this year
                          Quite enjoyed that also, only disappointing episode I feel was the one regarding the ex SS Officer with his SS identifying tattoo on his forearm, I think the researchers were completely confused with that one!

Comment

TH: I meant the "bursting" way she speaks, i.e. like in short, rapid bursts.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                              TH: I meant the "bursting" way she speaks, i.e. like in short, rapid bursts.
                              I see no problem

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X