Attached Files

Comment

Parts 125 and 126:
        Attached Files

Comment

Parts 127 and 128:
          Attached Files

Comment

128 Parts @ 28 pages each = 3,584 pages!

8 Binder Volumes @ 16 Parts each.

Comment

Hi Darrell,

These look to be an excellent complete collection of these great magazines!
              I cannot remember them myself, being born in very late 1958; and having no interest in military subjects at the time of their publication.
              Have recently bought the BBC TV series "The Great War" which may have inspired Purnell's to publish this series of magazines.
              Around about the time of the first TV broadcast of "The World At War", (still the best overview of WW2? - I believe so) Purnell's published the similarly formatted "Purnell's History Of The Second World War"; and had for rivals Orbis Publishing with their weekly series "World War II".
              I remember buying both sets simultaneously almost, (must have begun their publication runs a matter of weeks apart) sending for the binders; and still have the complete sets in my book collection.
              Great reads both, so if your set is of the same standard; it will be an excellent overview of WW1.
              Wonder how much collectors would purchase these sets for today?
              Sadly. I think not as much as we paid for them at the time of their initial publication!
              Never seen any complete bound sets at fairs etc, but I believe the "book trade" is going through lean times at the moment.
              Good to see your magazines. they would be well worth a read!

Best wishes,

John.
              Last edited by feldpost 58; 07-27-2013, 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling eroor

Comment

I saw this set bound (Marshall Cavendish) in our library in Ohio. I have been searching ever since for a hardbound set. Seems they were only released to libraries. Anyone have a clue where to get a complete set of these? I apologize if this has been asked previously as I failed to look at all 5 pages of posts.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Panther V View Post
                  I saw this set bound (Marshall Cavendish) in our library in Ohio. I have been searching ever since for a hardbound set. Seems they were only released to libraries. Anyone have a clue where to get a complete set of these? I apologize if this has been asked previously as I failed to look at all 5 pages of posts.

thank you
                  You can see them on e-bay every once in a while. I have the complete set of the magazines (less the covers) besides the set I posted above, not in binders/ They weigh quite a bit so shipping is usually the killer for these sets.

Comment

(bump) up with 2nd WW Series.

Comment

Your pics bring back some memories. I only bought the first few mags which are still tucked away somewhere.

Do you also remember the large wall posters that accompanied the first 3 or 4 editions?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
                        Your pics bring back some memories. I only bought the first few mags which are still tucked away somewhere.

Do you also remember the large wall posters that accompanied the first 3 or 4 editions?

Mike
                        Hi Mike.
                        Yes ... these issues I have, still have those wall maps stapled into the middle of the magazines. Never taken out ...

Comment

Darrell,

I just found mine, laminated many years ago.

Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Here are the binder(ed) set in front of the First Edition Purnell's History of the Second World War Binder(ed) set ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

... sandwiched between the First Edition Purnell and Marshall Cavendish History of the Second World War Binder(ed) sets ...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X