Horst Tappert/Derrick/ZDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horst Tappert/Derrick/ZDF

I read today in a Finnish newspaper that ZDF has stopped reruns of the classic German detective show Derrick because the late Horst Tappert, who played Derrick, had served in the Waffen-SS from 1943 onwards. Apparently a Dutch TV company has pulled the series too. A fine example of current German national masochism at play.

Read this on the BBC web site, too. PC Stupidity, at it's worst.

Regards

David

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
      I read today in a Finnish newspaper that ZDF has stopped reruns of the classic German detective show Derrick because the late Horst Tappert, who played Derrick, had served in the Waffen-SS from 1943 onwards. Apparently a Dutch TV company has pulled the series too. A fine example of current German national masochism at play.
      This is such an unfortunate situation and an over-reaction by ignorant hypocritical fools. Apparently it's ok to ridicule and be intolerant towards those with old fashioned views, but watch out if you denigrate so called progressive liberals. The irony is that if you watch the 1969 Rolling Stone concert at Hyde Park on youtube called Stones in the park, you'll notice people dressed in hippie wear right along side people wearing stalhelms and even swastikas. That would be scandalous today, but during the summer of love plus 1, it was quite normal. And that at a time when the war was relatively recent and fresh on the minds of all involved. Question is, what has happened in the interim, to make it so unacceptable.

Comment

I love watching Derrick, pulling the reruns doesn't change that fact.
        The reasoning behind it is ridiculous but it's forbidden to discuss politics on here.

Comment

Good show?

Here is the link to the BBC article:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22384143

Apparently he was a Totenkopf Division Panzer-Grenadier who fought on the Eastern Front and was wounded there in 1943, at the grand old age of 19. It would have been fascinating to hear his war accounts and how he survived, rather than go to the grave with his memories.

Does anyone know whether Derrick is a good well wrtiten show (and whether it has aged well?), or whether it's available on DVD with English sub-titles? I can't find it on Play.com or Amazon UK, although it is available on Amazon.de but only in German with no reference to English sub-titles. Based in Munich and filmed from 1974 to 1998 I imagine there may have been some storylines relating to WW2?? With over 200 episodes could be a great way to learn/ improve my German!

Comment

Josh, the shortest answer to your question is the feminization of historiography.
            Last edited by pasoleati; 05-05-2013, 03:58 AM. Reason: Correction added

Comment

Interesting to note that e.g. the Naked Gun series has not been pulled anywhere despite O. J. Simpson's "activities"...

Comment

I read about this in an article only yesterday... what a joke to pull re-runs.....!

Apparently he was in the ranks of the Totenkopf division!

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                  Josh, the shortest answer to your question is the feminization of historiography.
                  Pasoleati, if this was facebook, I'd click on the like button.

Comment

Within HIAG it was well known that Horst Tappert served in the Waffen-SS for decades. I would also bet that it was known in certain circles within television, since his script writer was a former Waffen-SS man (formerly SS-Propaganda unit) as well.

One of his former comrades told me about 12 years ago, that Tappert was a member of the "Truppe" along with some anectodes of "Horst" and the stuff he pulled...

All the sudden some writer pulls his WASt file and it makes another great story. The man can't even defend himself anymore....please.

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                      Within HIAG it was well known that Horst Tappert served in the Waffen-SS for decades. I would also bet that it was known in certain circles within television, since his script writer was a former Waffen-SS man (formerly SS-Propaganda unit) as well.

One of his former comrades told me about 12 years ago, that Tappert was a member of the "Truppe" along with some anectodes of "Horst" and the stuff he pulled...

All the sudden some writer pulls his WASt file and it makes another great story. The man can't even defend himself anymore....please.

Markus
                      Someone should dig out some "dirt" on the writer who pulled his WASt file. In my experience, people who usually have some skeletons in the closet are prone to abusing others. Like the Bible says in Proverbs chapter 29. angry men stir up strife.

Comment

here is that "hero" who provided us these important news:

http://profjoergbecker.de/

Comment

many brown party members came into the politic in the 50's and 70's in Germany. Politics where good the 50's and 60's are the golden years I would say in Germany.

Always interesting the news and media has no other problems.

For the Germans here on the WAF jerks like tax affair person Uli Hoeneß well covered from the big political group CSU that sits with Telecom,Audi ect. in the managing committee from the soccer club Bavaria Munich (Bayern München).

Now he was again voted for his position as a president for this soccer club.
                          Money and politics rules ... Any other person would have seen the jail in hours ...

that guy should write a book about current present jerks that would help out a little bid more then digging in the dead past from 70 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post

Someone who quotes Rosa Luxemburg on his web page, not hard to guess what sort of man he is. A good man.

Günter Grass, Erwin Strittmatter and now Horst Tappert.

These men, and all the other men, should have acted like Dr. Jörg Becker would have acted. I look at his photo and see immediately: That man radiates dignity. Let there be no doubt, he would have done the right thing.

Good job, Dr. Becker!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post

I'm going to kontakt this guy and tell him who and what he is and why he is doing what he did. Thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X