Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Membership book

Hi,
    I'm not exactly sure if I am asking this question in the right forum,if not I apologise and please move it to the correct forum!

I know absolutely nothing about NSDAP membership books and a friend of mine asked me a question,"Where all membership books stamped with a facsimile of Hitlers signature?" Well I haven't a clue,could someone help me and my friend out? Attached is a scan of the book with the signature.

Regards

Dave
    Attached Files

Anyone??

Comment

As far as I have seen all have a stamped facsimilie signature with some of the early ones actually exhibiting an original signature.
      Richard V

Comment

Thank you Richard!

Dave

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 10-24-2004, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Cheers Rick!!

Dave

Comment

Interesting book. Notice that while the owner joined the party a full 8 months before the seizure of power, the book itself was not issued until years later. This is quite normal, with local party officials often keeping the dues money and applications "on hold" for months-and sometimes years-before sending them on to the party membership office. This is ONE of the reasons some of the party numbers are not sequential for chronological membership. Thus, one could easily find a Bavarian member of the party who dropped his papers off at the Braun Haus in December, 1932 with a lower number than this guy.
              As he joined before Jan. 1933 however, he was entitled to an "old fighters" chevron on his arm and later (providing he held some sort of officer rank status in any one of the partys' plethora of affiliated organizations or the party itself) the 10 year party service medal.
              In March, 1933 it was announced that membership would be closed on Mai 1,1933-causing a mad rush of "March violets" who submitted their party applications. About 2 million people submitted applications within the 62 days up to May 1, 1933-which is why one sees so many books with the date 1/5/33 on them.
              You might find his file in the national archives.

Comment

Thank you very much for the very interesting info,I shall pass it on to my friend!

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 05-03-2005, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X