Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good books

Gents,

Looking for a couple good books with specs, technical drawings, photos.

1) General German tanks of WW2
    2) Tigers

Thanks!
    Marc

When

Originally posted by Flak88
    Gents,

Looking for a couple good books with specs, technical drawings, photos.

1) General German tanks of WW2
    2) Tigers

Thanks!
    Marc
    I don't know what kind of hurry you are in, but this Friday I deliver the manuscript to Krause for "The Standard Catalog of German Military Vehicles-WWII". No drawings, but technical specifications, histories and well over 1000 photos of German tanks, half-tracks, armored cars, self-propelled guns, trucks and motorcycles. Supposed to be roughly 500 pages, and about $35.00. I don't know their production schedule, but based on past experience I would say it would be at bookstores in January. Sixteen Tiger II photos included.

I will be posting requests for a few odds and ends photos over the next month or so as the designer makes requests to replace certain photos due to technical reasons, or add some to balance the pages.

Regards,
    David Doyle

Comment

WOW! It is on my list of must buys!!! Can I get an autographed copy?
      Marc

If anyone knows of a good tome for modelers let me know.

Comment

Sure, and it could be free...

Marc
        Marc,
        Autographed copy is no problem. Contributors of photos get a free copy even. If you are interested in the free aspect, email me at ddoyle9570@aol.com, there are still a few photos I need.

Regarding part II of your question, I have amassed quite a library working on this project. The Panzer-Tracts series seems to have the best drawings, but seem weak photographically. The Motorbuch Verlag series seem to have the most photos, but contain some textual inaccuracies, and some of the photos are small. Unfortunately, neither series is inexpensive. The Encyclopedia of German Tanks has a lot of photos, but again many are small, and much of the information is dated, but it is quite comprehensive.

HTH,
        David

Regards,
        David

Comment

David,
          Well, All my photos are Flak, no Panzer among them. But I look forward to your book!
          Marc

Comment

Marc

If anyone knows of a good tome for modelers let me know.
            Marc, this query mightve been replied to but specifically for modelling you could try
            "Modeling TANKS and Military Vehicles" by Sheperd Paine

Comment

Here is one I have on Tigers that I can recommend: Tiger Tanks by Michael Green. ISBN: 0-87938-954-0
              Antti

Comment

Another book worth looking at on the Tigers is :

Sledgehammers. It talks about the pros and cons of the Tiger and what it was originally designed for and what it was actually used for.

I know you can get it from Amazon or from the publisher at aberjonapress.com
                Last edited by sniper1shot; 04-18-2005, 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X