Movie Memorial dayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Memorial dayo

Just saw the movie Memorial Day. Liked it very mutch. The storytelling is very special and the acting between grandfather and grandsun is very good. Generations that are full of stories but often to painfull to share them with your loveones. So many stories are forgotten in time. You just want to remember all of them and be thankfull.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1694118/

Jac

looks good

Thanks for the link, that's the first I've ever heard of this flick.
    I wonder if the grandfathers younger self was played by the
    actual son. (Both named Cromwell in the credits) Looks like a
    Movie I would like to see.

Peto at point

Comment

I think you are right about the son. The younger one looks very mutch like his dad.

The son isnt as good (yet) as his father but the relation between grndftr and grndsn in the movie is very nicely done.

Jac

Comment

Just watched Memorial Day. It definitely has some acting, dialogue and pacing issues but the movie doesn't lack heart. I think many of our fellow collectors will enjoy the emphasis placed on war souvenirs and the meaning behind them.

I also appreciate that the filmmakers didn't go for the typical crap approach to portraying German soldiers as pure evil or psychopaths. I thought the scene featuring the injured German officer was pretty powerful.

Good watch all around.

Bryant
        Last edited by Bryant U.; 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I thought it was very good as well. I thought the acting by James Cromwell in particular was fantastic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X