Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New German Militaria Book

Ciao Gentlemen,
    Myself and Steve Woodrum have finished our "Carcano" book project and I have now started a WWI Marine book and a German Militaria book. I will work on both this year. They should be finished by May 2013. I wanted to put a request out for German WWII militaria items from collections. The name of the owner would go on page with the pictured item and acknowledgement made in the back of the book. Hi-rez photos sent through my email are all that are needed to fit on a 8 1/2 x 11 book page. This seems to have worked well with the other books we have put together. A pre-look at your item on page is offered as well. My turnaround is usually a day, after receiving the item, sometimes two. I think a nice/entertaining/informative book can be made with community input. I am looking for personal items, weapons, helmets, uniforms, etc. of the ground forces of Germany to include paras' and tank crew. It will be primarily Heer and SS infantry, but we want to cover most of the ground forces. If you have field equipment, uniforms (various models), helmets, footwear (ankle boots), etc, etc. I am more than receptive. It will be in the format of my other books and probably 450 plus pages. Possibly two volumes, but remains to be seen.
    This will be a highly illustrative book with full color pages in a deluxe edition initially. Planned any way. Let me know what you think. My email address is: arditi(at)suddenlink.net Staff if this post is inappropriate, let me know and I will take it down.
    In Friendly Scholarship, Arditi (Russ)

Ciao Gents,
    Thought I would update. Mine and Luca's German militaria book makes progress every day. We are looking at the ground forces and what they wore, ate, shot with, carried, read, etc. I'm proud of the progress we have made and we are on target for the May 2013 release we originally planned. We have most of the items covered, but could use the following if you have them...SS smocks, SS winter coats, SS zeltbahn, Luft. ground forces smock and lastly..a Heer smock. I believe we have all else covered. We can put the name of the owner with the item and in the acknowlegements. We have pic donors that prefer anonymity. I respect this. My email is arditi@suddenlink.net to contact me. If I am inappropriate moderators..please let me know. We have received awesome help from here and I thank you all most heartily!
    Ardire (Russ A.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X