Book prep- I'm laughing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book prep- I'm laughing

Sitting for days double checking my vol. 7 photos. Numbered tags for each, location in a paper manuscript, all the norm how I prepare to send to publisher

Packed in envelopes, relieved done.

Opened my mail yesterday and today: a contributor with 20+ new photos

Time to do all over and add them, but I love it.

So the initial "Wiking" volume in my German Cross in Gold holders series
    got an illustration boost to some 250 images.

And what the photos are damn near made me need to take a pill, that doesn't happen often.

One has to laugh - but great news for us all. Can't wait for your books to come out. Any news from you end as to when Bender Publishing brings out the second part of the Polizei GCiG Holders ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
      Opened my mail yesterday and today: a contributor with 20+ new photos
      I know how you feel. Happens to me, too, for pretty much every book. Still, better than getting the photos while reviewing a printer's proof!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by pimberg View Post
        One has to laugh - but great news for us all. Can't wait for your books to come out. Any news from you end as to when Bender Publishing brings out the second part of the Polizei GCiG Holders ?
        I assume due to ship costs he must send 2 books to printer at a time.

Mine is done and proofed. Waiting impatiently for the other.

Being 1/2 way through vol. 8 (am always ahead of publisher) can say so far in the "Wiking" volumes have 4 complete sets of award documents for GC or GC/KC holders and with the formal GC document for a 5th.

Also a complete set for a GC and KC holder for volume 9 ("Totenkopf").

I love award documents, especially formal GC documents.

Comment

Here's a solution for the "2 books to the printer" problem: = why not have two of your newly completed books sent. It's just a thought and a need a good book fix!

Comment

He never does a pair on 1 topic, same author. Best I had was 2 in 1 calendar year.

It's a space factor as he must print to generate to make more. It's VERY rare I'm this far ahead as 1 volume normally takes me a year full-time work.

And the series has, if anyone notices, grown in complexity and detail.

Speaking to him recently, I'll never understand the obsession with "Totenkopf" but he already assumes that volume will sell the most and fastest. But if the reader wants all the "Totenkopf" data he'll have to get other volumes since I don't repeat material. Just direct a reader to what volume it was already in.

They'll be heavily watermarked, but can post some "Wiking" volume 7 image examples if of interest.

Comment

I along with most everyone out there sadly wait for future volumes of your books. With that said a little extra wait because of the addition of the above mentioned photos I believe to be worth it. Wiking volumes are the ones I've been waiting for the most and I'm happy to know there almost here. Please, please post some of the images (panzer officers!) you mentioned above. I can't wait to see them as I know they got to be good. Just like the Bio on Willi Hein you e-mailed me, folks it just don't get any better than Mark's books!
              Tim W

Comment

Agree with your words 100% Tim W. I have no doubt that the extra wait will indeed be worth it. Mark Yerger & Roger Bender are the perfect Author/Publisher team and I fully trust their decision making in delivering the best quality product. I'm sure the Wiking and Totenkopf books will be block-busters.
                But with the above stated - I still can't wait !

Comment

I have to butcher them due to Internet theft, but here are some Wiking and Totenkopf volumes images. GC, Honor Clasp, and Close Combat Clasp in Gold. Some are previously undocumented (proven). The NCO is my cover image for vol. 7.
                  Attached Files

Comment

couple more
                    Attached Files

Comment

Stunning....

Comment

Excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing them in their unedited form.

Bryant

Comment

Thanks

The first volume of "Wiking" ended up with 234 illustrations, aside from a small number Bender might potentially add. The Dorr and Dieckmann biographies alone came to some 11,000 words

With every volume I can't tell an exact illustration count until literally I pack and send all material to the publisher.

Though not there yet, we're considering a single large volume covering all of "Totenkopf" with 280-300 illustrations.

As always collector contribution is sought. For the initial "Wiking" volume I got more from Europe and Russia than the USA but that has become typical.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Cover image Bender selected or volume 6. He doesn't look old enough to drive a car.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X