X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS culture book from one of the forum members

I just finished William's book (Not sure if he has any more for sale):

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=596222

And would like to give my review. I am going out on a limb and going to guess this is his thesis for completion in his studies. Overall the book is well put together and gives a brief history on not only Himmler but also looks at the forces that probably help guide Himmlers beliefs in to the choices he made as constructing the order of the SS. Although there are some lull points to the book with it quickly picks back up to entice a reader who is interested in the culture aspect of the SS.

Has any one else read this book and would like to comment on it?

Comment

Would be interesting to see how and with what he defines mentioned SS Culture.

Comment

I bought one and am pretty pleased with it.I personally think it's a nice starter book for a young/beginning collector or someone who is trying to get the bigger picture on this matter.If you are a ''hardcore''SS collector,this book will not bring new insights !

On the other hand the autor has studied the subject well and seems to have some nice items in his collection.And,as I told him as well,it surely would enhance the second edition if he put in some more photos of cultural items.

I received it well packed and very fast.

regards,

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
          Would be interesting to see how and with what he defines mentioned SS Culture.
          Buy one and find out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X