1939 the war that had many fathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 the war that had many fathers

just finished reading this book by ex bundeswehr general gerd shultze rhonhof ,it chronicles the lead up to the outbreak of ww2 and all the diffrent countrys plotting etc , if this book is true then i m afraid that its rather damming of certain nations and there scheming politicians ! eg Britain , France ,America and poland , it also illustates the alleged airbrushing of certain events from history , a little repetative at times but fascinating nonetheless , if this is true our politicians have always been conniving crooks , and at the start of ww2 there were no good guys !!

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
    just finished reading this book by ex bundeswehr general gerd shultze rhonhof ,it chronicles the lead up to the outbreak of ww2 and all the diffrent countrys plotting etc , if this book is true then i m afraid that its rather damming of certain nations and there scheming politicians ! eg Britain , France ,America and poland , it also illustates the alleged airbrushing of certain events from history , a little repetative at times but fascinating nonetheless , if this is true our politicians have always been conniving crooks , and at the start of ww2 there were no good guys !!
    Thanks for this Terry. I am getting this. Looks like an extremely interesting and valuable read.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Cowell View Post
      Thanks for this Terry. I am getting this. Looks like an extremely interesting and valuable read.
      when you ve read it Josh ,let us know what you think ,it certainly debunks a lot of the history i was taught

Comment

Terry, where did you buy this from? I presume you read the English edition?

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
          Terry, where did you buy this from? I presume you read the English edition?
          yep the English edition , available from amazon

Comment

If you like "1939 The War that had many Fathers" you should also read "The Origins of the Second World War" by Taylor, and "The Forced War" by Hoggan

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Richter View Post
              If you like "1939 The War that had many Fathers" you should also read "The Origins of the Second World War" by Taylor, and "The Forced War" by Hoggan
              i read "the forced war " many years ago i think , this is in many ways an update of that books events but is written based on existing documents that were not available to Huggan at the time ,

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Cowell View Post
                I most certainly will Terry. Cheers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X