New Gauleiter Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gauleiter Book

Gauleiter: The Regional Leaders of the Nazi Party and their Deputies, 1925-1945, by Michael D. Miller and Andreas Schulz.
    This is the first of the planned 3-volume series on the Gauleiters and deputy Gauleiters, and covers Herbert Albrecht though H. Wilhelm Hüttmann (a total of 44 biographies). As Mark Costa states in the book’s foreword, “This publication marks a much needed milestone in the research of Hitler’s regional paladins”.
    The authors of this great book have compiled details from many German primary source references of the period, to include Goebbels’ diaries and original SA and SS personnel files.
    The book begins with a breakdown of the different Gaue (regional subdivisions of the NSDAP), including data such as date of establishment, population, area in square miles, lists of subordinate Kreise (districts), etc. The information on each Gauleiter includes their personal information such as date and place of birth and death, education, World War I service (when applicable), details of their Party careers, information on their postwar lives (de-Nazification, war crimes trials, etc.), decorations & awards with dates received, family data, excerpts from speeches and letters, and a wealth of excellent photos.
    Each Gauleiter’s life as detailed in this book is a short story unto itself. I found it very interesting to learn details of their lives after the Third Reich and/or the circumstances of their death.
    I can’t recommend this book highly enough. My congratulations to Mike Miller and Andreas Schulz for a superb book. I look forward to the next 2 volumes !
    https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Thanks very much for these kind words, Jeff. I'm deeply honored by your review.

Sincerely,
    ~ Mike

Comment

Finally got my copy today, and Roger Bender did an incredibly great job of transforming the manuscript to a great, big, heavy, glossy, durable book-- because that's what Roger Bender does.

I must confess to at least one glaring error (my fault): Biography of Dr. Otto Hellmuth, entry for 01.10.1928-07.08.1934, p. 454: That ending date should be 08.05.1945 (as is given on p. 453). 07.08.1934 is the date that Gau Unterfranken was redesignated as Gau Mainfranken.

~ Mike

Comment

When is this book due to hit UK shores i.e Naval and Military Press?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
          When is this book due to hit UK shores i.e Naval and Military Press?
          Thanks
          This is one book I will buy. Link to purchase site please...Thks

Comment

http://www.bender-publishing.com/Gauleiter.html
            https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X