Help with reference books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with reference books

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to this hobby and up to this point have been collecting helmets. I want to start on uniforms but I don't feel confortable with my current level of knowledge. Could anyone share there opinion on different reference books, and what is truly worth the money. Any help would be greatly appricated.
    Thank you,
    Eric D.

ANYONE???? Please

ANYONE???? Please

Thanks,
    Eric

Comment

Angolia's 3 volume set on German army uniforms is very good. Beavers volumes on SS uniforms is indispensable.

These will keep you busy!!

Comment

Originally posted by trotlin13
        These will keep you busy!!
        If you can find them, that is...

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim K
          If you can find them, that is...
          YEP ! !

And Eric, as your ID is Gebirgs1938,I take it you have an interest in Gebirgsjäger ...
          I haven't found any good (modern) books on Mountain equipment that could fill me in on blanks. It comes down to reading period books and examine period pictures.

MfG,
          Bart

Comment

THanks for the help guys! THESE BOOKS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!! but a bit of money now will probably save me much later. Yes bart, The name "Gebirgs" is because my wife's grandfather was a gebirgsjager. I have attached a pic, hope you enjoy it! (1 Gebirgsdivision Artilerieregiment 79 , 1942-1945, He still lives in a small village near Salzburg Austria)
            Thanks again,
            Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

Nice picture ! He's wearing a G33/40, not often seen ...
              The load in the back shows the tripod for some optics. Could be for the Richtkreiss 31 ... or the rabit-ears ...

MfG,
              Bart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X