Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please help me Identify these 2 US books

Hi
    I was wondering does anyone know anything about ww2 US books. I got these books from a friend of mine she was talking to her neighbor about going to england on a trip. She mentioned that I collect ww2 Militaria. THen my friends neighbor told her that she was going to throw away these 2 books that her husband got during ww2. THe title of the 1st book is called the duxford diary it has a blue cover and shows a picture of england its like a book with pictures of air bases in england during ww2. I don't have a clue otherwise what it is. I was hoping maybe someone could tell me. THe 2nd title of the book I got is called Meet the boys and it has a 8th airforce logo on the cover and it has signatures of everyone like on the flight crew I don't even know what this book is either. I was thinking about selling em or seeing if anyone wanted to trade anything for em I am still deciding. WOuld someone please help me out with em. I can get ya pics unless the US collectors know anything about em
    Thanks
    Scott

"Duxford Diary 1942-1945" is a photo history of the 78th Fighter Group published in 1945. It has been reprinted, with several printings in the late 1980s.

"Meet The Boys" is about an unnamed Support Squadron in 8th Air Force, also with numerous photos of daily life in England.

You'll see original copies of "Duxford Diary" on the various web book searches for $75-100; and "Meet The Boys" at $100+.

Comment

Thanks Jeff
      These were printed and bound by W heffer and sons Camebridge England and its signed by the crews. The veteran in this book has how long it takes to get back to the states from england I believe these books to be originals I am not sure I just need some opinions from some people
      Thanks
      Scott

Comment

The reprints were done for the East Anglian Aviation Society and the Duxford Aviation Society and will be so marked.

The crew signatures are usually a good indicator of an original.

Comment

Thanks a ton Jeff
          Yeah they are pretty nice books a couple of the pages are coming out. I really haven't know any ww2 US collectors that knew anything about books. It is a really intersting couple of books I must say that. I am still debating if I want to keep or not I really odn't collect ww2 US militaria. Thanks a ton Jeff
          Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X