New book about gorgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New book about gorgets

as asked, here is further information about the gorget-book, which is expected to be available in a short while:
    https://vdmedien.com/ringkragen-brus...bau-12190.html

For those that are interested:
    it will be a limited edition, German language, 704 pages as mentioned, large size (about 21.5 x 29.0 cm), with just over 1,500 photographs (many in color and many in detail). See the table of contents.
    The book is quite expensive: 119,- euro (which is about 155,- US dollars). This is not including shipping. Ask the publisher for details. As far as I am informed you can order!

See the cover for my co-author and the great friends that did help me with this book.

best regards,
    wilhelm saris

Wim, looking forward to it!

PS--How do I get an autographed edition?!
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hello Stonemint,

when you order and later mention it to me, please PM me. You can give me your address and I will take care and send a signed sticker, to include. It will be signed only by me. That's what I can do. I can add a nice dedication to the sticker!

Comment

I have ordered mine and I expect no other book on the topic will ever need to be written

Comment

Thanks Mark,

In my opinion one always can write another book about the subject. There is a but..... as then you have to find at least new information and with gorgets it was extremely difficult to find written regulations etc., as they were hardly mentioned.
          The second but..... to find collectors that have other rare pieces to include. There are specialized gorget-collectors in the world, but this is only a few. Further it is the question: do they want to cooperate. I have found out that many of them are scared to show the reverse. Simple reason: the gorget(s) might be faked later and that is why occasionally no reverse could be shown.
          But.....there are some rarer ones in the book, I can tell you. And often I could find a good photograph of wearing. In many occasions I do show various from the same type and organization.

You surely will enjoy the book. But as always there are questions that could not be solved! Some three-four years of research and about two years
          of writing come to an end with this book. Without the help of many others it would hardly have been possible to do the job and I sincerely thank
          my friends Andrew Mollo, David Landers, Michael Shaner (and Ron Richter), Philippe Gillain, Otto Spronk and some tens and tens of others (over
          100). They all deserve a well meant credit!!
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 05-11-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Of course true, but I doubt any other book will have enough new material to be worth buying.

Comment

This reference will become the "gorget-bible" for the coming decades, that is for sure !!!!

Comment

I've just picked up my example yesterday and browsed through it today, it has indeed become a bible for the gorgets. Beautiful original photographs and stunning gorgets.... I think you won't realize how many there are until you see this great book.

I can only recommend it to anyone with serious interest!
                Great job Wilhelm!

Thanks, Jim

Comment

I got my book today and I can say, it is outstanding!

A very helpful source for collectors. Many unpublished pictures. I really like it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X