No announcement yet.

SA Generals and Rohm books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also looking forward to the Daniel Siemens SA book Erich. I purchased his Horst Wessel book last week after reading your recommendation, although I have not started reading it yet.

Comment

I regret to post that I am switching publishers for the "Leaders of the Storm Troops" series (from Helion to Bender), so please disregard the advertisements at Amazon. Volume II will not be released soon, however Volume I will be reprinted in Bender quality. That's the primary reason for the switch- this series needs to be a Bender series.

Best wishes,
      ~ Mike

Comment

Benders Quality is fantastic and I would love to buy directly from him.....

But for all NON-US Buyers, the Discount for Association Members is not very effective.
        The shipping cost are so high...between 25-45$.

That makes the Discount, which American Association Members have, useless for us EU-Buyers.

Comment

Anybody read/seen the new Daniel Siemens SA book yet?

Comment

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
            Purchased the book Hitler's Sormtroopers: The SA The Nazis Brownshirts 1922-1945 by Jean-Denis Lepage and wish that I had not. Very lightweight overview with numerous errors and drawings of uniforms, medals and daggers etc. The worst £15 that I have spent in a while - serves me right for buying blind. Still waiting for a good book on the SA.
            I made the same mistake of buying this book. $34.95 + shipping shot.

Comment

According to Amazon, Daniel Siemens' book will not be released until 11/07/2017.

https://www.amazon.com/Stormtroopers...daniel+siemens

Comment

It is in stock in the uk amazon store, released 3 Oct.

Comment

Wonderful news, thanks!
                  I'm off to buy it now.

~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
                    Wonderful news, thanks!
                    I'm off to buy it now.

~ Mike
                    Nice one Mike. Look forward to your thoughts on this one when you receive it.

Comment

Wonderful news, thanks!
                      I'm off to buy it now.

~ Mike
                      Just read your mini review on amazon. Thanks for that.

Comment

You're welcome. Surprised to see that I'm the only one to have reviewed it at Amazon, and I see that I ruffled someone's feathers with my comments.
                        It brought me no pleasure to leave a so/so (3-star) review, but it always displeases me to see something less-than-definitive presented as being the end-all/be-all of publications on a topic.

~ Mike

Comment

I regret to post that I am switching publishers for the "Leaders of the Storm Troops" series (from Helion to Bender), so please disregard the advertisements at Amazon. Volume II will not be released soon, however Volume I will be reprinted in Bender quality. That's the primary reason for the switch- this series needs to be a Bender series.

Best wishes,
                          ~ Mike
                          I bought the book, and was disappointed by the paper it was printed on.
                          When it is reprinted, will it be on the heavier, glossier paper?

Content-wise though, the book is unsurpassed!

Comment

I too was disappointed in the quality of materials chosen by Helion. I can't even stand to hold the book, as the texture of the cover seems to have a film that I can feel on my hands after I set it down. Damned shame.

When it's republished (going with Fonthill Media for this series, while Bender continues to do "Gauleiter" and "Leaders of the SS & German Police"), the pages will be nice and glossy, I assure you, and that will improve the photo quality dramatically.

Very pleased that you liked the content.

~ Mike

Comment

You're welcome. Surprised to see that I'm the only one to have reviewed it at Amazon, and I see that I ruffled someone's feathers with my comments.
                              It brought me no pleasure to leave a so/so (3-star) review, but it always displeases me to see something less-than-definitive presented as being the end-all/be-all of publications on a topic.

~ Mike
                              I haven't had time to read through the entire book, but I found it quite interesting--not for the detailed information you were looking for, Mike, but it's the only book about the SA that goes into detail about the SA after the 1934 purge. Most collectors seem to think the SA ceased to exist after 30. June 1934. The book delves into the activities of the SA throughout the later 30s as well as during the war, which to me is great stuff. Sure, I would love a multi volume set that goes into SA minutiae to the point that an average person's eyes would glaze over after the first few pages, but until and unless that is written, this book covers IMO new ground.
                              Erich
                              Festina lente!

Comment

As an addition to my previous post: I've read the Daniel Siemen's SA book 3 times--first just skipping around, second time with the notes, and third time just reading with limited note checking. I have to say I think it's amazing and it's certainly IMO the best and most complete history of the SA that has yet been written. For a relatively modest sized volume it is packed with information and references that I've never found in anything printed after 1945. To be sure, it's not a collector's reference on uniforms, insignia, etc. nor was that the author's intention. It's a history of the organization with the bulk of the book covering the post Röhm execution period. For a very well written and researched history of the SA, from its birth to the post war period, this is the only book that fills the bill.
                                Erich
                                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X