Rumor of a new Adolf Hitler book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor of a new Adolf Hitler book

A friend at work was telling me that he heard on the news yesterday, that a second book written by Adolf Hitler was just discovered(??). From what my friend told me this was not just "a bunch of notes", but a second published book. Have any of you guys heard anything on this?

curious, Al R

The book was found by Professor Weinberg in seized Nazi archives in 1958 and originally mistaken for an early draft of Mein Kampf. Once they figured out what it was, a German edition was published in 1961. Weinberg was preparing an English edition as well but a badly done pirated copy was published first and Weinberg's publisher killed the deal. Apparently it took Weinberg a good 40 years to find another publisher (Enigma Books) and the book came out in the end of last year, if I am not mistaken. So your friend must have confused just published with just discovered. Also, while it is not a "bunch of notes", it is not exactly a finished book either: it is the first draft that was dictated by Hitler in 1928 and never touched since.
    Last edited by Vadim K; 07-10-2004, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Vadim. Thank you for responding to my post and providing an answer to my question.

Would you happen you to know the title of the book and also any idea of its content. My guess is it's probably similar in theme to Mein Kampf i.e. Hitler's personal political and socio-economic theories.

take care, Al R

Comment

Last edited by Seigfried; 06-11-2005, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire
          Would you happen you to know the title of the book and also any idea of its content. My guess is it's probably similar in theme to Mein Kampf i.e. Hitler's personal political and socio-economic theories.
          It is quite imaginatively titled "Hitler's Second Book: The Unpublished Sequel to Mein Kampf". I glanced through it, since it is not any more readable than Mein Kampf, though less psychotic: less time spent on anti-semitic rants, more on foreign policy. Otherwise, same old: Jews rule the world, Germany must save the world from the Jews, the Slavs are not fit to rule themselves and need German guidance, etc. I think it was Professor Bartov who said that
          Hitler taught us a very important lesson that some people, some regimes and some ideologies must be taken at their word.

You can find the book at Amazon.ca, I am sure.

Comment

Thanks Vadim.

Al R

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X