• Show
Clear All

Battle of Britain Film - "Behind the Scenes" Footage

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fa8_1330374309

Thanks for the link,one of my favorites. Brian

Comment

Wow!

Thats a trip back to my youth, fanastic footage

I've still got the orginal movie poster, managed to pick it up after it had finished screening at the local move cinema.

Does anyone remember the "Battle of Britain" bubble gum cards ?

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

I loved watching the film as a young high schooler. I managed to get the DVD a few years back and still love it.

Comment

Originally posted by msteve21 View Post
          Thats a trip back to my youth, fanastic footage

I've still got the orginal movie poster, managed to pick it up after it had finished screening at the local move cinema.

Does anyone remember the "Battle of Britain" bubble gum cards ?

Cheers
          Mark
          One of my favourites as well, and yes Mark, I still have the complete bubble gum card collection, ah .....shades of my childhood !

Bob

Comment

Interesting footage.

Hi,thanks for posting that link. I lived near one of the airfields used in the filming (North Wield) it was great to see the airfield brought back to life with the hangers camouflaged again and all the WW11 aircraft flying again.I used to cycle there after school to be greated with a line up of Spitfires and when compared to today very little security! You could just stand on a gate and there they were,what a sight for an aircraft mad lad! I remember being in class and hearing the sound of a large formation approaching rushed to the window to see a mixed formation of the B25 photoship, Spainish He 111 and various fighters.Most distracting and got a right telling off from teach! A few of us lads were on the airfiield during some of explosions sequences shown in this amature footage till we got turfed off by the Security! As they say "Great Days" probably never to be seen again. Regards David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X