Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** Best books on rommel help **

Can someone name the best books ever on rommel or afrikakorps, thanks

Thomas Jentz leads the way...."Tank Combat in North Africa" is a masterpiece.
    It covers the weapon systems (Tank & AT) and campaign in the greatest detail.
    However it is fairly critical of Rommel which maybe nowadays is a good thing...

Remember for years Rommel was labled the "good nazi" which really is not accurate.

Paul Carell's "The Foxes of the Desert" is a great look at the storys of solders in the Desert War.

Von Mellenthin's "Panzer Battles" gives a detailed look at the Desert War from a member of Rommel's staff which is very revealing also.

Dal McGuirk's "Rommels Army in Africa" should be mentioned too though its dated and does have its share of mistakes.

You may also enjoy this thread of a DAK Veterans story:

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=340303

Heia Safari
    Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 02-22-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

"Trail of the Fox" - David Irving

Comment

I feel the "rommel papers" is a good book if you are trying get an all perspective look at the man.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
            I feel the "rommel papers" is a good book if you are trying get an all perspective look at the man.
            Yes, I concur. A very good insight into Rommel's thoughts, especially his letters to his wife.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X