FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does someone have a Sherman pic I could use for my book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does someone have a Sherman pic I could use for my book?

I wrote a book about German Tank Maintenace In WWII with/for some veterans. I've decided to show the germans enemys on the battle field in the appendix. So I'm on the search of a good, average Sherman pic 10, 11, 1, 2 o'clock view.
    Not too much gear and stuff on it, but also not plain boring.

Does someone has one or know anyone who has own?

The book really is a self carrying project that I also print by myself, about 50- 75 copys to start (of the German edition). So I need some good will No money to make here. Perhaps with the english translation in a year.

Thanks a lot,

Lukas

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/Panzer_Instandsetzung

Lukas,
    I have a good friend who has a completely restored M3 Sherman (with British markings) if you would like current photos.
    Allan

Originally posted by Lukas Friedli
    I wrote a book about German Tank Maintenace In WWII with/for some veterans. I've decided to show the germans enemys on the battle field in the appendix. So I'm on the search of a good, average Sherman pic 10, 11, 1, 2 o'clock view.

The book really is a self carrying project that I also print by myself, about 50- 75 copys to start (of the German edition). So I need some good will No money to make here. Perhaps with the english translation in a year.

Thanks a lot,

Lukas

Comment

This isn't really what was asked for, but it is contemporary, coming from the 1944 U.S. War Department field manual for "Crew Drill and Service of the Piece, Medium Tank M4." The caption on this was "Mounting through hatches, medium tank with single turret hatch."
      Attached Files

Comment

Since the topic is maintenance, here are "Tools used in 1st echelon maintenance, medium tank, M4 series."
        Attached Files

Comment

Chet's Sherman

Originally posted by Lukas Friedli

Thanks a lot,

Lukas

Here are two photos you might be able to use of Chet Krause's Sherman prowling the streets of Iola, Wisconsin last summer. On second thought I can't make the pictures small enough for this site so email me your address and I'll send you scans by email. Fred
          Last edited by Fred Borgmann; 07-03-2004, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X