UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New show "Combat Cash" good for the hobby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New show "Combat Cash" good for the hobby?

Hey guys,

What's the thoughts on this new show Combat Cash that premiers on Discovery tonight.....hhmmmm. Good or bad for the hobby

Paul

IMO, its bad. Sure a show specifically about military collectables might bring some new pieces out of the wood work from families or what have you, but it will ultimately make it harder for us collectors to buy items at a reasonable price. It will have the same effect as antiques roadshow has had on the hobby. Everyone with some type of German militaria will think they have a pot of gold tucked away in the closet. Prices in our hobby are already high, no need to jack them up even more. :

Comment

Originally posted by lsmilitaria View Post
      IMO, its bad. Sure a show specifically about military collectables might bring some new pieces out of the wood work from families or what have you, but it will ultimately make it harder for us collectors to buy items at a reasonable price. It will have the same effect as antiques roadshow has had on the hobby. Everyone with some type of German militaria will think they have a pot of gold tucked away in the closet. Prices in our hobby are already high, no need to jack them up even more. :
      I think it may have the opposite effect. Depending on the content, it may teach people that some items are so ridiculously common that they shouldn't be worth anything, and that condition matters a great deal.

Additionally, I don't suspect new buyers will emerge, having gained an interest in the hobby because of the tv show. People who do things that haphazardly will get burned really bad, and then give up.

Comment

I found it entertaining...They look like they have some good stuff, but there friends have great stuff...

Comment

Show is great

I think the show will get more collectors involved. As for the Antique Road Show I use it to help me. I have an estate liquidation biz and these shows help me. Everyone knows I need to make a profit. Some people think I need to double my money or more. I was buying stuff yesterday and the folks wanted me to make an offer on an item so I put it in a group and immediately the lady said " Oh I know what your doing. Your going to give a group price. I saw that on TV " They took my offer. If you know what you are doing there is a silver lining to everything

M

Comment

Never heard of it. Is it up here in Canada?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X