Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Mollo Uniforms of the SS

Hi All,

I have all 7 volumes of Mollo's Uniforms of the SS and was considering getting rid of them to fund other purchases or trade for items I would be interested in.
    They are as follows -
    Volume 1 Allgemeine SS - 2nd corrected edition ( 1969 ) w/ errata page for page 52
    Volume 2 Germanische SS - 1st edition? ( 1969 )
    Volume 3 SS Verfugungstruppe - 1st edition? ( 1970 ) w/ errata page ( 2 page insert )
    Volume 4 SS Totenkopfverbande - 1st edition? ( 1971 )
    Volume 5 Sicherheitsdienst Und Sicherheitspolizei - 1st edition? ( 1971 )
    Volume 6 Waffen SS - 1st edition? (1972 )
    Volume 7 Waffen SS Badges & Unit Distinctions - 1st edition? ( 1976 )

Do anyone know what these are worth and if they are still desirable books?

Regards
    Paul

The first 6 volumns have been reproduced into one large edition back in the 90's so the original hard cover books do not retain the value they once had back than. You could usually find a complete set for around $6-$800.00 but now only the 7th book which wasn't part of the reproduction package would be one that would retain the value it had 20 years ago. Not sure what the other individual volumns would bring now that you can get all 6 as one for around 75.00 or so. I suspect they are worth what ever a collector of original books would pay for them.

Greg

Comment

Greg
      Thanks for the response! It seems that I may be better served keeping them as a reference tool.

Regards
      Paul

Comment

The quality of the photos and color images in the combined 1 volume softbound version isn't as good as the original multi volume set. Sets including the volume 7 seem to be offered for $350-400.00. They've stayed about the same (roughly 40-50 per volume) since the mid 80s. I remember seeing them at a show for $8.00-10.00 each when they first came out in the 70s--I looked through the first volume and thought "that's a pretty thin book for the price". I find they are still valuable references and the information in the really hasn't been duplicated in more recent books.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

I have both , single volume " Uniformen der Waffen-SS " and the English six volume set, excellent reference books if not the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X