Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Way. Korean Normandy landing war movie. 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBdkAHpYf3U

Looks promising and if it is as good as Brotherhood & Assembly then it will be one to watch.

Comment

Is this movie about the Korean in german uniform that was captured on Omaha beach by the americans?
      He was captured by the Japanese ,forced to fight with them against the Russians.Captured by the russians then fought the germans and was captured by them in 1941,then forced to build fortifications in normandy.

Quite a story!

Comment

Originally posted by book lover View Post
        Is this movie about the Korean in german uniform that was captured on Omaha beach by the americans?
        He was captured by the Japanese ,forced to fight with them against the Russians.Captured by the russians then fought the germans and was captured by them in 1941,then forced to build fortifications in normandy.

Quite a story!
        Yes it is about that guy. Although how much of it will be accurate or not I cannot say. What I can say is that the poster shows both him and a Japanese actor in Wehrmacht uniform, along with two western extras also in Wehrmacht uniform. These two western extras struck me as being decidedly plain looking. It is my opinion that this was done on purpose in an attempt to make the two Asian actors look sharper in their facial features. It's just my observation, not anything derogatory. Regarding the uniforms I think the producer went through a lot trouble to portray things accurately. From the correct late war feldbluse in coarse wool with correct eagle and M42 helmets. They also had some sort of shoulder patch denoting foreign volunteers but I couldn't identify what the symbol was. Should be interesting to watch although since its from the same producer who brought us Brotherhood, I suspect it'll be a bit over dramatic as well as, a bit far fetched.
        Last edited by Seth Yoder; 12-11-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X