"The Armourer" Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Armourer" Magazine

Has anyone subscribed or read these magazines before? I briefly glanced through one today and was almost tempted to buy ... but didn't because most of the content didn't really interest me.

However, I did notice an article on HEER Flak Badges .... written by Jamie Cross.

Many of the other articles from Commonwealth across the board written by authors that were unknown to me.

If someone has read these, are all the authors of similar questionable reputation?

Opinions / Thoughts?

I subscribe and find it a decent read. Its a mix of era's and even though I don't collect British I still find those articles interesting. Few to much advertising but it does keep you in touch with all the auctions etc. Its cheap enough and only 6 a year so might as well subscribe,they do some good rates for subscription.
    Oh,has a free wants and sale section at the back as well.

Comment

Thanks Jon. I didn't read Cross's article very closely, but would be curious to those people up on these badges to see how accurately it's been written.

Comment

I used to subscribe to it a few years back and, like Jon, found it a decent read even if the article was on an era/area that I knew little about.

As for the Jamie Cross article, he has been writing those articles for the Armourer for years.

Comment

I buy it on and off, usually the articles are of a very high quality in my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X