Foot Soldier by Roscoe Blunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foot Soldier by Roscoe Blunt

Finally read this recently after thinking about it for years. I'd say it's one of about 3 U.S. combat infantryman accounts that really tells it like it was. ( I'll talk about the others later. ) I recomend it here because altho it has what you expect in friendly fire accidents, frozen feet, soaked clothing, body parts, bad smells, and so on, there is also much of interest on treatment of snipers, murder of German POWs, fighting against SS, German atrocities in Beltgium, looting dead enemy even during action, much of the gritty on the ground detail
    that makes you feel what it was like. 17 pages of not high-resolution photos. Only thing i wondered about is, he says after he was captured he convinced a unit of 75 Wehrmacht to surrender. But - i wasn't there - i didn't get the Bronze Star. It kind of amazes me how much suffering the human being can take and keep going day after day. Myself, i don't do cold well. The first big serious cold, i would have snapped, or become so muddled that a sniper would have got me. -Hue Miller

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X