eastern inferno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eastern inferno

based on the journals of panzerjager Hans Roth covering the first years of the eastern front , Tis is a stunning uncompromising view through one mans eyes , the journals where written whilst he was at the front and convey the the barbarity of the russian campaign ,whilst also being a great all round view ! put simply a truly great memoir and a must read

As usual, thanks for the tip Terry

Nick

Comment

I agree.A MUST read!

Comment

Agree Terry.

After reading it I contacted the author, who was Hans's grandson, and told him what a great read it was.

Mr Kunze replied and answered a few questions that I asked most graciously.

Jay

Comment

My personal favourite book is Walking Away from the Third Reich: A Teenager in Hitler's Army by Claus Sellier.

Anyone else read it?

Jay

Comment

Yes, I loved Walking Away from the Third Reich! Another good one is Hot Motors Cold Feet by Helmut Gunther.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
              based on the journals of panzerjager Hans Roth covering the first years of the eastern front , Tis is a stunning uncompromising view through one mans eyes , the journals where written whilst he was at the front and convey the the barbarity of the russian campaign ,whilst also being a great all round view ! put simply a truly great memoir and a must read
              Excellent memoir. No holds barred, no apologies, just a great presentation of the combat and suffering from the trench level by a front line soldier. Like the old timers say, it was a different time.

Comment

Hendrick C. Verton " In the Fire of the Eastern Front "

Mintauts Blosfelds " Stormtrooper on the Eastern Front "

Thorolf Hillblad " Twilight of the gods "

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X