VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing lost sketches of life inside Japanese PoW camp discovered in a shoe box by Br

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing lost sketches of life inside Japanese PoW camp discovered in a shoe box by Br

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Roadshow.html

OMG ... this is a very interesting cause Im from Singapore & a volunteer at the local museum here. Im going to make contact with the family. Thank you so much for posting this.

Ibrahim.

Comment

Great find & pieces of history along with being very sad.
      Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

My uncle, George Clough was sent to Singapore as a member of the Royal Northumberland Fusiliers just before the surrender to the Japanese.
        He was incarcerated in Changi Jail, and was forced to work on the Burma Railroad.
        On his return to Britain, he suffered from malaria and other tropical diseases for the rest of his life and died of a heart attack working in a coal mine at the age of 52 due to the deprivation and beatings he had suffered at the hands of the Japanese.
        He was always very thin, and would only talk to my father about the awful things he had experienced during this time, and was always nicknamed "darkie" by the other coal miners due to his dark skin brought about by working semi naked on the Burma railway.
        A lovely gentle man, who never let his experience of the worst in human nature bring him down.

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X