7.SS-Gebirgsdivision "Prinz Eugen im Bild"-Otto Kumm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.SS-Gebirgsdivision "Prinz Eugen im Bild"-Otto Kumm

I just received this book since i have a lot of interest in the mountain troops of the Waffen-SS ! A lot of new info, great photo's, two divisions, Nord and Prinz Eugen but for more photo's and text i would also recommend these two, Vorwarts Prinz Eugen-Geschichte der 7.SS-Freiwillige Gebirgs Division " Prinz Eugen " by Otto Kumm and a companion book with tons of awesome photo's, 7.SS-Gebirgsdivision " Prinz Eugen im Bild !!! " Totenkopf & Edelweiss " by Klateneger ( author of many great books on the mountain troops )is also a great read, should be an English edition i guess !
    "Karstjager " is an excellent read from Heimdal but the text is French only, " Himmler's Bosnian Division by Lepre, history of the 13th Waffen-ss Gebirgsdivision " Hanschar " and "Gebirgsjager im Bild", history of the 6.SS Gebirgsdivision " Nord " , " Kampf unter dem Nordlicht " 6.SS " Nord " and " Seven Days in January " and an informative book on the W-SS Mountain Divisions by Rolf Michaelis!!!
    Please post other books on this subject ( This was about all i could find )

I also have this book Prinz Eugen- The History of the 7 SS Mountain Division " Prinz Eugen " , translation of " Vorwarts Prinz Eugen "-Geschichte der 7.SS-Freiwillige Gebirgs Division " Prinz Eugen " by Otto Kumm , there are some differnet pics though !

Comment

Don't forget Black Edelweiss, Johann Voss' personal account of his time fighting in SS Nord in finland. Very interesting read, he had a real eye for detail and it is still fresh in his mind as he wrote it while in a POW camp in 1945-46!

Comment

Originally posted by leibermuster View Post
        Don't forget Black Edelweiss, Johann Voss' personal account of his time fighting in SS Nord in finland. Very interesting read, he had a real eye for detail and it is still fresh in his mind as he wrote it while in a POW camp in 1945-46!
        Thanks, i just finished reading "Black Edelweiss ", enjoyed the book very much

Comment

Read Balkan Nightmare. hard to find but I highly recommend it.

Comment

Thanks a lot, i just found it at amazon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X