German police in fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German police in fiction

I have just read all of Philip Kerr's fictional books on Bernie Gunther a former WW1 soldier now Berlin police detective,

The books are;

1/ Field Grey,Berlin Noir (March Violets, The Pale Criminal, and A German Requiem), The One from the Other, Quiet Flame Philip Kerr and If the Dead Rise Not.

Excellent read on the period 1930-50 with much historical narritive, well researched and well written

I have also just started the books by Marek Krajewski on the fictional Breslau detective Eberhard Mock, much darker than Kerr's books but again an excellent read, Mock a pre WW1 policeman who served in Russia during WW1 is an excellent anti-hero.

The books are; Death in Breslau, The End of the World in Breslau and Phantoms of Breslau.

Cheers, Paul

I enjoyed the Kerr books also. Thanks for the info on Krajewski, I see they are readily available on Amazon, I will check them out. Have you read any of the Alan Furst books?

Comment

No just checked them out, looks interesting, how would you compare them to Kerr?

Comment

Fatherland - Robert Harris

I think the excellent 'Fatherland' by Robert Harris fits nicely into the German Police in Fiction category.

Well worth a read for those who have not already.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X