Hitlers Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitlers Vikings

I am about to do a study on the Scandinavian SS and have just bought these books. If anyone has any other recommended reading on the subject please let me know.

Many thanks

Nick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

-----
      Attached Files

Comment

If you have interest in Swedish SS you should look after this book

SS-Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 11 "Nordland" and the Swedish SS Platoon in the Baltic States, Pomerania, and Berlin 943-45

Herbert Poller, Martin Mansson, and Lennart Westberg

Originally published in German in a lesser detailed edition, this is among the best and most enjoyed SS divisional sub-element history books I've seen in years. The HB volume (368 pages) covers the reconnaissance detachment of the 11.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzer-Grenadier-Division "Nordland."

I post a picture of the Swedish edition but you can find it both in German and English

Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

Great, thanks for the recommendation Andy

Nick

Comment

Andy

Comment

Hi again

I found the English book

http://www.rzm.com/books/cp/cp9550.cfm

SS-Panzer-Aufklärungsabteilung 11</U>
              The Swedish SS-Platoon in the Battles for the Baltic,</U>
              Pomerania and Berlin, 1943 - 1945</U>

Author(s): Lennart Westberg, Martin Mansson, and Herbert Poller Language(s): English TextFormat: Hardback, 7 1/2" x 10"Pages: 425 pagesPhotos: 37 color profiles and 250 B+W photosPublisher: Leandoer and EckholmISBN: 9789197589550
              Item No. CP-9550Price: $57.95
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks mate

Nick

Comment

My own book, Waffen-SS Encyclopedia, has an extensive section on Wiking, Nordland, and the Germanic Waffen-SS.

I'm now assembling a large photo book on the subject, but you'll have to wait a year or two for that

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
                    My own book, Waffen-SS Encyclopedia, has an extensive section on Wiking, Nordland, and the Germanic Waffen-SS.

I'm now assembling a large photo book on the subject, but you'll have to wait a year or two for that
                    Hi Marc

I have your book, and an excellent read it is !! ( seventh from left on my shelf!)
                    Nick
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wiking

The Waffen SS: Hitler's Elite Guard at War, 1939-45 by George H. Stein

Finnish Volunteers of SS-Division Wiking by Kari Kuusela and Olli Wikberg

European Volunteers, The 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking by Peter Strassner

Panzer-Grenadiere: Der Panzerdivision "Wiking" im Bild by Franz Hack and Fritz Hahl

Comment

Originally posted by Ilse View Post
                        The Waffen SS: Hitler's Elite Guard at War, 1939-45 by George H. Stein

Finnish Volunteers of SS-Division Wiking by Kari Kuusela and Olli Wikberg

European Volunteers, The 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking by Peter Strassner

Panzer-Grenadiere: Der Panzerdivision "Wiking" im Bild by Franz Hack and Fritz Hahl

Comment

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
                          Hi Marc

I have your book, and an excellent read it is !! ( seventh from left on my shelf!)
                          Nick

Good to see, thanks for sharing that! The bibliography might give further suggestions.

Beyond already made suggestions, Rolf Michaelis' books on the Nordland Division and on SS-Panzergrenadier Divisions (it has a condensed history of Nordland, and a much better translation than the pure-Nordland book) have a lot of valuable information.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
                            Good to see, thanks for sharing that! The bibliography might give further suggestions.

Beyond already made suggestions, Rolf Michaelis' books on the Nordland Division and on SS-Panzergrenadier Divisions (it has a condensed history of Nordland, and a much better translation than the pure-Nordland book) have a lot of valuable information.
                            Thanks Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X