Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brest Fortress movie.......

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give you some heads up on this great movie I have seen recently based on a true story during WWII on the Eastern Front of 1941, great story with very good action scences and a movie well worth seeing.. dvd available, purchased my copy from ebay with exellent picture quality, movie is Russian made with english subtitle's.

Some historical info and pics...

The defence of Brest Fortress took place 22–30 June 1941. It was one of the first battles of Operation Barbarossa. The Brest Fortress was defended by the Red Army against the Wehrmacht, held out longer than expected, and became a symbol of Soviet resistance during the Great Patriotic War. The Germans planned to seize Brest and the Brest Fortress which was located in the path of Army Group Centre during the first hours of Operation Barbarossa. The fortress and the city controlled the crossings over the Bug River, as well as the Warsaw–Moscow railway and highway. The 3,500-strong defending force comprised regular soldiers, border guards and NKVD men.[4] Soviet soldiers belonged to the elements of the 6th (under Colonel Mikhail Popsuy-Shapko) and 42nd Rifle Divisions (under General Ivan Lazarenko),[5] the 17th Frontier Guards Detachment of the NKVD Border Troops and various smaller units (including the garrison hospital and a medical unit) inside the fortress (up to a total of 7 to 8 thousand people.) [3] There were also 300 families of servicemen inside as well.

The initial defense plan allowed for 12 hours to secure the area[6] in face of the 45th Infantry Division (Austrian)[3] (about 17,000 strong) as well as elements of the 31st, 34th Infantry Divisions and 2nd Panzer Group under Heinz Guderian (in total, about 20,000 people).

Brest fortress.jpg

Brest fortress A.jpg

[ATTACH]1877581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1877582[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1877583[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1877584[/ATTACH]

Comment

I agree mate, it's a good film.

I hadn't heard of this film until another member posted a thread about it which also included a link to the entire film!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=511878

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Watched it the other day, very good,

Allan
          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
          Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Your welcome gents.

Comment

I am certainly buying that one

Thanks for the advice

Nick

Comment

Brest Fortress

Hello,
                I just watched the film. Great movie and very well done.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Picked up a copy on Ebay, very well done, enjoyed watching it.

Comment

This has just been released on Region 2 under the title Fortress Of War...
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fortress-of-...5510608&sr=1-1

Comment

Downloading it right now so i am hoping for a good movie night, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X