Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Beadle's new book on German Combat Awards

Has anybody bought this book yet?

This is not meant as any type of endorsement for the book or dealer, just wanted to know if anybody had it and what they think of it? There was another one of these books put out last year by a different dealer that wasn't widely accepted and I wanted to see if this one is better or another one of those.

Tim

<TABLE height=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#666633><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3 height=15>
    German Combat Awards

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3 height=61>HOT OFF THE PRESS!

THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR GERMAN AWARD COLLECTORS

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD vAlign=top width="50%">

</TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>GERMAN COMBAT AWARDS

1935-1945

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3 height=263>
    In the past, other books have shown only one version of each type of German Combat Badge. This book goes through all the Combat Awards of the German Army, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe and Waffen-SS, maker by maker. There are, for example, illustrations of 19 different Panzer Badges, 10 Navy Destroyer Badges and 20 Luftwaffe Paratroop Badges, etc, together with lists of makers' marks, exact sizes and weights and other detailed information.

362 PAGES - 620 PHOTOS - 310 DIFFERENT BADGES

Handy A5 size, paperback.

UK - £20 per copy plus £3 postage and packing

OVERSEAS - £20 per copy plus £7 airmail postage and packing

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HI Tim,

Thought about it, but I found this on the site!!!!

y2239: PILOT/OBSERVER

I am not going to post any pics in case!!

If that is the quality, well????

Neil

Comment

Last edited by Seigfried; 06-09-2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Ball
        Has anybody bought this book yet?

This is not meant as any type of endorsement for the book or dealer, just wanted to know if anybody had it and what they think of it? There was another one of these books put out last year by a different dealer that wasn't widely accepted and I wanted to see if this one is better or another one of those.

Tim
        I bought this book at the Stuttgart show. I like the fact that it has several example of the same badge in it by several makers and also the measurements.

Frank H. had a look at it and he recons that there are about 10%-15% repro badges in there.

The overall quality of the pics is really not that bad.

Best,
        Pascal

Comment

Neil; I take it you're referring to that Juncker--er "Junk-er"! Yes, I agree that if Juncker ever tried using eagle's that looked like that, the Gestapo would have paid them a visit! That so-called early IMME might be something though, if you can get by that "OM" eagle look. Wasn't that a new version many considered original last year? Eagle still looks like cr#p to me though.

I agree that you have to know what you're looking at on Alan's site, just as much as anybody's elses I guess and there are a lot of "questionable" pieces IMO, but I have got some really nice quality original pieces from him in the past and he doesn't update that often, so his prices tend to fall behind the market trends. I do see where his prices have gone up recently to catch up with everybody else though. That bronze SC w/swords used to be $450. a few months back and his minty "AS" marked E-boats were under $425. just to name a couple of items that I considered good deals back then.

John; Yes his PICS are not the greatest and unfortunately, you have to ask for reverse shots on anything, though he does send them when asked. I had the problem sometime back with his PICS scrunching up on me too, then the problem went away, so he may have fixed it since your last visit.

Pascal; As always, thanks for the information. I had hoped either you or Frank might have seen it or heard about it. I too was interested in a book that might be useful separating the different maker's in a smaller "carry" reference, but with a 10% - 15% fake rate, it's not worth it to me. Better to make my own.

Many thanks guys! You saved me the cost.
          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Ball

..................................Better to make my own.

Many thanks guys! You saved me the cost.
            Tim
            Tim, I don't know if this was a joke or not but that is exactly what I started to do some time ago. I am making my own reference book. I am using an old sort of Filofax. That way I can add and replace pages.

I got the idea from Frank H.

Just like you said "make my own".

On the picture you will also see the real badge which I put there so you'll have an idea how big the pages are.

Best,
            Pascal
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close-up of the page.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pascal, I love it. I like the idea of a value reference a lot. That is missing from many guides. I wish you the very best in publishing your book (if you decide to publish). I will buy your first copy KEEP IT UP! Regards,

Comment

Now THAT is how things SHOULD be done!!!

Comment

Pascal,

just outstanding!

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Great Reference

Hope to see it in publication one day!

Comment

What a great way of storing info on badges Pascal!!!

Comment

OK Pascal,

I'll take 10 copies please! Wonderful reference - very well done.

Mike

Comment

Pascal's reference is the way it should be done .

While not a 'zinky boy', I would buy Pascal's version as it would be superior to anything out there.

Comment

Thank you all for your nice comments. Whenever it gets published you'll be the first ones to know .

Joking apart. I started to do this not so long ago for my private reference but based on your comments................who knows?????????

Pascal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X