No announcement yet.

New biography: LSSAH - SS-Brigadeführer and Swords holder Theodor "Teddy" Wisch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New biography: LSSAH - SS-Brigadeführer and Swords holder Theodor "Teddy" Wisch

Dear collectors and historians

I am proud to announce after more than 10 years of research and two years of direct work on the manuscript, my biography on

SS-Brigadeführer Theodor Wisch
    Kommandeur, 1.SS-Panzer Division “Leibstandarte”

Knight’s Cross with Oakleaves and Swords

and
    German Cross in Gold

is currently with Schiffer Publishing for a release this year.

The biography examines the life of Waffen-SS General and Swords to the Knight's Cross holder Theodor Wisch in previously unpublished detail. A member of the "Leibstandarte" from its 1933 creation to the end of the war, he led some of its most famous combat elements. Wisch eventually commanded the "Leibstandarte" as successor to Josef "Sepp" Dietrich.

Rising through the ranks with the formation, he became a full General in 1944 and was among the most decorated officers of the Waffen-SS. The text includes accounts of the combats resulting in Wisch's awards, as well as details and photos of many "Leibstandarte" personnel relative to Wisch's career. Previously unknown insights from former soldiers, family members, and historians detail significant aspects of Wisch's life. More than 80 mostly unpublished illustrations, to include many of Wisch's surviving award documents, add a visual account to his military career and life. Foreword by former "Leibstandarte" Ia (1.Generalstabsoffizier), Hauptsturmführer d.R. Hans Bernhard.

I will keep you posted on details of the publishing date as they become available.

ml
    Attached Files
    Last edited by markus; 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM.

Markus,, hard work, determination, and patience always pays off... Congrats!

Comment

Any chance of a signed copy? for RRP of course.

Comment

Congratulations Markus. Can't wait to order one

Etienne

Comment

Yea! I want a signed copy also! Can't wait Marcus
          Tim

Comment

Congratulations

Congratulations Marcus.
            If you get enough copies, I too would like to buy a signed one.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!! I had the privilage to see this research and the dedication put to this book, and its superb a must for every LSAH library!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats, Markus, looking forward to it very much!

Best,
                Greg
                sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Congratulations - a great achievement! I look forward to reading it too.

Comment

Congrats, Markus

Comment

Excellent. I will also stand in line for a copy. Let us know the release date.

Comment

I want to be One of the first, Please let me know Markus

Andy

Comment

I am looking forward to see it!

Comment

Markus
                            Well done!! Please put me in line for a cpoy as well,Jay

Comment

work

yes, you have been working on this for years! I cannot wait to read it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X