"Operation Daybreak"- Heydrich killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Operation Daybreak"- Heydrich killing

Just watched this film, out recently on DVD. Anton Diffring makes a great Heydrich, even looks a like him. Unlike "Valkyrie" the principal Nazis do not speak with British accents. German speaking viewers will enjoy Diffring's dialog. It was filmed at the actual Czech locations in the 1970s, and the TR uniforms and regalia look good. There is even a lingering shot of TR artifacts in the opening credits. It's one I've never seen before, and very well done. Certainly of interest to WAFers.

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    Just watched this film, out recently on DVD. Anton Diffring makes a great Heydrich, even looks a like him. Unlike "Valkyrie" the principal Nazis do not speak with British accents. German speaking viewers will enjoy Diffring's dialog. It was filmed at the actual Czech locations in the 1970s, and the TR uniforms and regalia look good. There is even a lingering shot of TR artifacts in the opening credits. It's one I've never seen before, and very well done. Certainly of interest to WAFers.
    Anton Diffring is superb ! I agree with you about ' Valkyrie', too many well fed Brit actors took away from the reality of the war time Teutonics

Nick

Comment

just watched this movie, thought it was good, but low low quality!

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
        just watched this movie, thought it was good, but low low quality!
        Agree.

Plus the SS wearing black uniforms with both a sleeve eagle and armband

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X