SS Dedication Book for Auschwitz Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dedication Book for Auschwitz Officer

Hello! I have a book that was presented to SS Untersturmfuhrer Johann Schwarzhuber on the occasion of his 38th Birthday on 28 Aug 1942. It was presented to him by three members of Abteilung III at Auschwitz on that day in 1942. The three members are the 1. Schutzhaftlagerfuhrer (Hauptsturmfuhrer Aumeier), SS Sturmfuhrer Schwarz, and SS Obersturmfuhrer Schottl. All three of the presenters hand signed the book on the inscription page. The bottom of the inscription page states "Auschwitz den 28. August 1942"

The book is titled "Wenn auch das Licht erlosch, Mein Lebenschiksal" by Dr. Otto Meyer-Auhausen. In it there is also a poem apparently handwritten by Schwarzhuber that is serving as a bookmark of sorts.

Has anyone ran across a book of this type? Also, how much would a book of this type be worth? I would like to post images of the inscription page but I cannot post photos. If anyone would like the photos, pls post your e-mail and I will be glad to send them. I know the fate of most of these men and would appreciate any additional info on these SS officers if anyone has it. I have what is contained in "The Camp Men" but nothing beyond that and the Dienstaltersliste entries.

Thanx in advance for any help on this!!

Sniperpilot, what you have is a book that has its value in the autographs and history behind them. The book itself is not a real rarity, but the autographs and history behind the book are what contain the value in this instance. As I am not familiar with autographs, I couldn't even begin to guess a value. If genuine, someone with knowledge of the historical significance and rarity of the signatures and dedication would be of the most help.
    Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X