Triumph of the Will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triumph of the Will

I just received a DVD of Triumph of the Will. I can imagine what it was like during the Nurmberg 1934 congress. This is one amazing propaganda film. There are many close up shots of seldom seen awards & insignia in wear. I have seen short clips of this movie before in other documentaries, but to see it from start to finish (full length) is a whole other experience.

Mike

I love it, its a true Leni Riefenstahl masterpiece

Nick

Comment

awesome film , so good its vitually classed as art and was shown on British tv a while ago , incredible for a nazi propaganda film

Comment

Mike,

I bought a copy recently and particularly like the background scenes, the architecture and the little touches like the cat sitting on the balcony and the mother and toddler presenting flowers to AH during his drive to the hotel.

Mike

Comment

This is an amazing piece of historical documentation. The film is a wonderful snapshot of the time.

Comment

Read her memoirs, Riefenstahl was not a party member and did not make 'propaganda' films for the NSDAP. All her films are brilliant documentary pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
              Read her memoirs, Riefenstahl was not a party member and did not make 'propaganda' films for the NSDAP. All her films are brilliant documentary pieces.
              yes i ve got the memoirs , beautifully filmed but c mon great propaganda surely!

Comment

Triumph Of The Will

Hi.

If you like this film, you should also look up the following titles!
                "Victory Of Faith", which was a "rehearsal" for Leni Riefenstahl as it covered the NSDAP 1933 Nuremberg rally - not so professional; but "getting there".

"Olympia" - a superb documentary by Riefenstahl covering the 1936 Olympic games. This can be obtained with an English language soundtrack over the web.

And lastly, "The Wonderful Horrible Life Of Leni Riefenstahl", a 1993 feature documentary of her career and personal life; featuring Riefenstahl herself. A very interesting (in my opinion) viewing experience.

best regards,

John.

Comment

Triumph of the Will with extras

Also check out the new DVD of "Triumph of the Will" with additional film & photo material about the making of the film & historical background by International Historical Films.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X