As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this a couple weeks ago, all in German with English subtitles, on NetFlix. 2 hours long, I thought it was a good movie and a breath of fresh air to see one where the typical German Grunt wasn't depicted as a minority hating, genocidal psychopath, but rather an average Joe.

In the book 'The Deadly Brotherhood', it shows statistics that the average American GI did not hate the German soldier (except the SS), they saw them as similar to themselves, an average, middle class working man...society has painted an alternate image, and it was good to see a media bit outside the stereotypes

Any others seen in?

I have not seen the movie (didn't realize there was one) but read the book years ago. An excellent book and I'll have to keep an eye open for the movie. Thanks for the tip.

Curt

Comment

Yeah, great movie! Glad it is in German language too!

Comment

Its on youtube for al those that are interested...

Comment

also on Netflix for subscribers, both streaming, and dvd

Comment

I saw it on Netflix streaming

Comment

Hi all,

Have watched this film a couple of times on German TV, (I'm British, living in England with a German partner, so we have a German satelitte dish) and think that this is an excellent film.
              After reading this thread, and watched sections of the film on YouTube I'm going to try and find this on DVD - with English subtitles!

Best regards.

John.

Comment

Hello,
                I just watched the film tonight on NetFlix and I enjoyed it very much. I will show it to my wife and son tomorrow.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Hi
                  Good film and book bought it at Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Far-Feet-Will-Carry-DVD/dp/B004UR54RI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309433511&sr=8-2

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X