Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a Tour of The Bismarck

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=449_1299417366

Amazing images ! I remember watching a documentary on locating her a while back.

Thanks for showing

Nick

Comment

Thanks for the tour

Comment

Those images are from the James Cameron's documentary Expedition: Bismarck. This is a must for everyone interested on German KM.

Comment

Thank you for the great link. About fourty years ago I purchased a wonderfull hard back with glossy photos detailing the wreck as it was found at the time. There were alot of pics pretaining to personal gear laying on the sea floor. Sadly, I do not remember the books title. It was lost with alot of other items in '89 earthguake here in Central California. I do remember it being odd that there were no main batteries on the wreck as it layed on the sea floor. The book explained that the main batteries were set and held in place only by gravity. Once the ship capsized the turrets were free to fall wherever they may. The book showed the turrets far away from the wreck. Lord, I would sure like to have another copy of that book. The pics and illustrations were superb.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
            Thank you for the great link. About fourty years ago I purchased a wonderfull hard back with glossy photos detailing the wreck as it was found at the time. There were alot of pics pretaining to personal gear laying on the sea floor. Sadly, I do not remember the books title. It was lost with alot of other items in '89 earthguake here in Central California. I do remember it being odd that there were no main batteries on the wreck as it layed on the sea floor. The book explained that the main batteries were set and held in place only by gravity. Once the ship capsized the turrets were free to fall wherever they may. The book showed the turrets far away from the wreck. Lord, I would sure like to have another copy of that book. The pics and illustrations were superb.

Chet
            Just as an add on to the battery story, a mate of mine bought lots of old submarine batterys from some navy base in scotland and has them rigged up to his solar panels...:-)

Comment

Oh boy, I guess I did not make myself clear.... By main batteries I ment the four turrets (ie, main batteries) on the ship. Sorry for the confusion....

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

What an excellent clip of very evocative footage of this iconic warship

I remember watching a documentary some years ago, detailing how Bob Ballard had traced both the Bismarck and HMS Hood. The last of only 3 survivors from HMS Hood, Ted Briggs laid a wreath over the exact spot of his ships resting place. I would like to trace that documentary, and watch it again.

Thank you for putting this up for all to see.

Regards Richard.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Thanks for a nice link

Andy

Comment

Awesome link. Thanks. Sort of sad to watch as well.

Comment

Great link.What a ship!!!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X