hitlers ss pillars of evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hitlers ss pillars of evil

just watched this 1970 s British film , its actually quite good , the uniforms are much more detailed than most modern day efforts and David Warner as Heydrich was excellent , certainly worth a look

Sounds good Terry ! I have just tried to google it but to no avail! Is that the correct title for the film ?

cheers

Nick

Comment

''Hitlers SS'' Portrait of evil

Comment

Originally posted by JONATHAN View Post
        thanks Johnathan , thats the one

Comment

The section in the pub with the SA brawl was good!

Comment

Movie was actually an NBC made for TV production released in February, 1985. It was originally a 2-parter, but most DVD copies cut out an hour of the film. Stars Bill Nighy, John Shea, and Tony Randall.

Brian L. Davis was the uniforms advisor, and they were pretty good for the era.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              Movie was actually an NBC made for TV production released in February, 1985. It was originally a 2-parter, but most DVD copies cut out an hour of the film. Stars Bill Nighy, John Shea, and Tony Randall.

Brian L. Davis was the uniforms advisor, and they were pretty good for the era.
              that explains the good detail , was one gaff though when the ss changed to field grey with war badges in 1938!

Comment

Originally posted by JONATHAN View Post
                i saw both part 1/2 on sky about 3+ years ago. i enjoyed it. they should make an updated version

Comment

I sat through this film this afternoon and have to say that it was quite watchable, especially considering when it was made.

It did remind me quite a lot of the Len Deighton book 'Winter'.

Worth a look at least.

Regards Richard.
                  Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X