"Greatest Tank Battles" on the Military Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Greatest Tank Battles" on the Military Channel

Anyone see this? It is a 20-part series on the Military Channel. It is a little on the sensational side, but it does feature interviews with Tank commanders who were there. Fritz Langanke (SS RKT, Das Reich) is interviewed in both the Bulge and Normandy segements.

They use a lot of computer animation to reenact the battles. It is probably more tolerable without commercials--they tend to also repeat the last 3 minutes of each segment after each commercial break.

So far I have seen the El Alamein, Bulge and Ardennes segements, and parts of an obscure tank battle, Arracourt.

Anyone else seen it?
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Tonight's episode focused on the Northern Salient of the Kursk battle. 2 Russians were interviewed, but so was Stug Ace (and RKT) Georg Bose:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Apparently next week they will focus on the southern salient and the SS tank divisions. I would assume Langanke will be interviewed again.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Last night or the night before they determined that it was probably a Canadian tank that destroyed Wittman's tiger.

Comment

Yup! I watch em' whenever i can. Watched the Kursk episode...what stood out was the interviews with the russian vet...quote: We defeated those "German Devils!" over & over.

One thing i've noticed....no tanks in this series ever just gets hit in the track & throws said track.

Comment

I would like to pick-up the DVD?

Comment

Good one last nite on the 1973 Golan Heights tank battles. Those Israelis just kicked the crap out of the Syrian tankers.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I find this series to be almost unwatchable due to horrible animation, technical errors, and constant repeating what was just said earlier. Very, very mediocre IMO.
                best wishes,
                jeff
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

I thought the Wittman one was pretty good.

Comment

I enjoyed the series very much, historically accurate. I really like the veteran interviews the most. War seen through their eyes and words had a great impact on me.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

DVD Available?

Does anyone know if the Military Channel is offering a DVD of this series? If so, what is the cost and how do you order it?

My wife and I just moved from Texas to Washington and don't have cable service yet.

Any info would be appreciated......

Comment

I believe every episode can be viewed on the Military Channel website. I also remember reading somewhere that a DVD set might be forthcoming.

Comment

Grestest Tank Battles

Hello,
                          I like the series and have shown several episodes to my students. It holds their attention. My son likes it too.

Regards,
                          Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X