Hitler's Favorite Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's Favorite Movies

It's a well known fact that AH had a movie room set up at the Berghof & screened films for himself & his guests. In the series "Hitler's Bodyguard" it was mentioned that "Lives of a Bengal Lancer" was one of his favorites. Does anyone know what other films Hitler liked?

Off google I get "King Kong" & "Snow White"

Comment

I've read that he did not like Gone With The Wind. King Kong, Mickey Mouse cartoons, Snow White, etc. were mentioned in the US press during the war as favorites, but I've never actually been able to verify what US films he actually liked, and which ones were attributed 'favorites' due to Allied wartime propaganda.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

I guess we can rule out Little House on the Prarie ,,, I heard that was one of Saddams all time favorites.

Comment

i heard hitler saw this film a few times & was a fan~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tz0gGgpSM8
          Last edited by redline09; 03-01-2011, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRC View Post
            I guess we can rule out Little House on the Prarie ,,, I heard that was one of Saddams all time favorites.
            wasn't saddam a big fan of star-wars(?) - check this out ( i hope the clip works for you) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8480966.stm

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
              It's a well known fact that AH had a movie room set up at the Berghof & screened films for himself & his guests. In the series "Hitler's Bodyguard" it was mentioned that "Lives of a Bengal Lancer" was one of his favorites. Does anyone know what other films Hitler liked?
              He loved Riefenstahl's 1931 classic Das Blaue Licht, then again I think he loved Riefenstahl!

Nick

Comment

He had a private screening of Charlie Chaplain's "The Great Dictator", when a copy was captured in France.

Comment

Perhaps he liked RomComs?

According to the BBC series "The Nazis - A Warning From History" he watched this film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031432/

before taking control of the rest of Czechoslovakia.

You can see the episode of "The Nazis - A Warning From History" on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjWZgWcWsxk (about 45 secs in)

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                    I never heard of that movie, curious to see it now.

Comment

American Western movies. Adolf Hitler loved them probably from his early fascination of Karl May novels. He aslo liked 'Gone With The Wind' and marveled at the cinematography.
                      He was a fan of those wonderful early cartoon motives by Walt Disney and admired the artistry. They must of been many others.

Am I the only one who's noticed modern day authors, lecturers or historians are trying to rewrite History many of them scouring the heavily flawed info. available on the internet instead of putting in leg work and reading 'Old' books carefully researched in the best period 5-20yrs after the conflict when people wanted to know about the man himself and why he did what he did, instead of war time and modern day propaganda crap, my two cents.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X