UK TV Channel 4 programme: TimeTeam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK TV Channel 4 programme: TimeTeam

The Time Team episode shown earlier this afternoon, 27th February 2011, on UK Channel 4, is entitled "Hitler's Island Fortress". The episode follows the excavation of a German Anti-Aircraft battery that was built on Jersey during the occupation.

More details of the programme watch again facility can be found @:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...s-18/episode-5

Cheers

Ian

Just watched it, Very interesting

Comment

Thanks Ian, cant believe I missed that!

Nick

Comment

To see one of the so called military experts identify a standard bakelite decontamination tablet container as a 'razor holder' was a comical highlight. In fact i remember time team doing exactly the same years ago as well.

For those that know what it is, it can be downloaded from usenet (newsgroups) or bittorrent
        Last edited by Simon O.; 02-28-2011, 02:42 PM.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
          To see one of the so called military experts identify a standard bakelite decontamination tablet container as a 'razor holder' was a comical highlight.
          Tell me about it, I was screaming at the screen when they said that bit. I also believe that the KvK cross shown had a modern ribbon attached to it.

All in all I was disappointed with this episode, mainly due to the points above and other things. The lack of decent views of the finds and the woman who claimed Luftwaffe planes had swastikas on the wings.

Comment

You can't really blame some of the old folks getting a bit sketchy about details..balkankreuz, swastika same same.

The WWII archaeology expert..with doctorate..almost got it right on the KVKII bless her, she managed to get in the 'with swords' but tripped up calling it a medal rather than cross.

Still, it's encouraging to see excavating this type of site come into the realms of 'proper' archaeology.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X