Uniforms of the SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniforms of the SS

I was looking to get all 6 volumes of the" Uniforms of the SS " by Andrew Mollo. I would like to get 1st editions. Any idea on how hard it will be to get these and how much I should expect to pay?

All seven (the 7th edition is 'Badges and Unit Distinctions 1939-1945') first edition volumes cost me $600.
    I got them from an online book dealer about 3 years ago so didn't don't know what they go for now or if they are easy or hard to get hold of. Sorry.

Comment

Yeoman
      Thanks for the feedback! I followed your advice and found a few online.

Comment

yes, there are 7 books altogether and they come on the e-stand from time to time. Good luck!

Mil

Comment

What are the publication dates for the first editions? I see the book has been reprinted several times and is also in a collected edition.
          Thanks!

Comment

Just go to Abebooks.com and put in his name and the title of the Book. There you will have all kinds of volumes and publication dates. Personally I like Cloth Insignia of the SS by Angolia the best as I have had both in the past.

Best,

James

Comment

Thanks James!

Comment

I just picked up the first six volumes on ebay for hundred bucks, I believe they are the first edition. How good of a reference are these?
                Ed

Comment

My volumes 1-6 of Uniforms of the SS arrived today. All seem to be first editions except Volume 1 which says second corrected edition and contains an errata sheet that has cutouts to make corrections to the book. Has anyone seen this before and if so have any info behind it?

Comment

Hi,

These books are a great reference source, but also a boon for TR fakers!
                    I remember when the original books were published, a great many of the items illustrated "came out of the woodwork", particularly SS-VT collar tabs and cuff titles.
                    Andrew Mollo was I believe, uniform advisor for the "Sharpe" series of British TV shows; which were very popular several years ago.
                    He also had a major hand in the film "It Happened Here", which illustrated what might have happened had the British Isles fallen to German forces during WW2.
                    This, I believe, is the only movie to use original uniforms etc in production; no matter what other film makers may claim!

Best regards,

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X