RTL Hindenburg Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTL Hindenburg Film

I will open this thread up to everyone who might of seen this film (certainly not a documentary).

I noticed that there was such "renowned" Americans actors in the production such as Stacey Keach and read that the film was a co production between RTL (German) and EOS and will eventually be shown in England and America. This film is the most expensive film made for German television and seems to be a continuation of a recent interest in Germany to "reinvent" history (Dresden, Gustlov and now Hindenburg). The underlying story line of the Hindenburg movie is - in my opinion - pure speculation and imagination. In my opinion the 1975 version of hindenburg looks like a documentary in comparison.

Your opinions?

Erich

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
    Your opinions?
    I was looking forward for this movie - and are now very dissapointed. Not only by the story but also by the set (wrong uniforms e.g.), stupid love stories, the main focus was IMO to show again the bad germans and fate of jews... - but what could you expect by a war-movie made by germans?

A waste of time.

Agree, the 1975 movie is the one to see!

Comment

Sometimes reality really is better than fiction....

And I think , amongst all the many other things that should have been changed, if the original narration from Mr. Herbert Morrision WLS Radio, should have been played in english, even for the German broadcast.

....and of course the LW Major (bad German) dies in the end...

I wonder what Werner Franz (the Kabinenjunge) had to say after he saw the movie.

Armes Deutschland.

Comment

a waste of time
        a lovestory -without any historic research on uniforms,medals,...
        and always germans in uniforms are bad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X